THE BOB CARTER CENTRE PETANQUE CLUB
(2019/20 Newsletter Number 1 – 29 November 2019)
I am writing this newsletter as a brief set of minutes from last night’s AGM and GM mainly for the benefit of those who were unable to attend.
- Last year’ highlights were the Centre team finishing fourth in division one, and our success in the Eurocup. The lowlights were the relegation of Sports and Leisure to division three.
- Please renew your membership of the BCC in January. It’s only £2 next year.
- And for playing members, your club subs are £20 plus £2 for Norfolk County (unless you’re over 75) – Please give your subs to Stewart Wither before the end of January if possible.
- For Petanque England members, you need to renew your membership in January. The club re-imburses the PE membership fees for its committee members. As a club we are a member of Petanque England and I encourage everyone to join PE and support our sport’s governing body which provides coaching and umpiring for everyone.
- For PE members, the next round will be played on Sunday 5th April. Please let Ian know if you are available. This will be a tough day with three matches (six games), so we may need to have a squad of more than just six players. No Anglia club has got further than the BCCPC in this competition since it was started.
- Club nights have officially ceased for our winter break, but several members are still going to come down on a Tuesday evening. You may find them in the bar when the weather is bad!
- Ian has sorted out the three Thursday teams for next season and I shall register them with NCPA after Christmas. This is your last chance to speak to Ian or me before I ‘press the button’.
- Next season, we will be entering several Wednesday morning teams. I’m running ‘Bob Carter North’, Ian is running ‘Bob Carter South’ Lou is running ‘Butter and Beans’, and Barry and Anita are part of an Aylsham U3A team. This is a very friendly but competitive league for those of us who have a couple of hours to spare on a Wednesday morning. If you want to play, I can help you form a team or join one of our established teams. There are twenty of us going to the club Christmas party at The Old Rectory at Crostwick on Friday 13th December. Please let me know your choice of menu. I’ve sent you a separate e mail. If anyone else wants to join us it’s not too late! The price is £39.50 pp. Ring me on 01603 710467.
- Following the AGM, Steve Harris has agreed to be the club’s auditor. Thank you Steve.
- The next winter lunch is at The Cock in Drayton on Wednesday 8th January at 12.30pm.
- Steve Harris’s company – samueljacks, is the supplier of our BCCPC branded leisure wear. (Sweatshirts, polos, guillets, hoodies etc.). If you need some kit, just have a word with Steve or Judith. (01603 897673)
And now some dates for your diaries:
The next winter lunch will be Wednesday 8th January at The Cock (Pete H to book)
The next BCCPC committee meeting will be Thursday 9th January at 8pm
Peter Reed will organise a lunch in February.
Pre-season committee meeting on Thursday 26th March
Ground maintenance at the BCC on Saturday 28th March at 10am.
The Eurocup matches are on Sunday 5th April
Pre-season match against Gt Ellingham on Thursday 9th April.
The Captain’s Cup will be Saturday 9th May (to avoid a clash with the first Regional qualifier on 17th May)
Our Prime competition will be on Sunday July 19h (subject to confirmation).
I’m getting carried away – I need a lie down! bye for now – Pete